Our VisionOne Health Central and Eastern Africa (OHCEA) is a network of fourteen Public Health and Veterinary Higher Education Institutions that are located in eight countries in the Eastern and Central Africa region, a region that includes the Congo Basin that is considered to be a “Hot Spot” for emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases.
A global leader in One Health approaches to sustainable health for healthy; productive animals, prosperous communities and productive ecosystems.
To drive transformational change for continuous improvement of health and well being of humans, animals and ecosystems through multi-displinary research, training and community service.
- Strengthen a Growing Institutional network in terms of leadership, governance, technical assistance and information sharing across countries in order to transform OHCEA to deliver One Health
- Support National agencies to build capacity and efficiency for surveillance, reporting systems and outbreak response in country and cross border
- Provide both pre- service, in-service and community education, training and outreach to expand the size and capabilities of One Health workforce
- Build and leverage strategic partnerships with other organizations and networks for mutual awareness and benefits
- Strengthen infrastructure capacity and facilitate resource sharing to support One Health implementation
- Generate evidence based data and share information to advance training, science and practice, and to inform policy
Réunion de Planification avec les Partenaires
|Parc Niokolo Koba, Kédougou Sénégal||Build Skills through community outreach activities to identify and adress infectious disease threats|